With the summer now here in full swing, people turn towards cold beverages to beat the heat. Being a coffee lover, you’re in a dilemma because coffee is ‘usually’ served as a hot drink and you’re looking for something cold. Well, you’re in luck because we have the perfect cold brew coffee for you. By using our premium La Dalia Coffee beans. They are single-origin, with high altitude, and 100% sundried. So, don’t worry, it’s really simple and you can make it at home really easily and enjoy some cold brew coffee.
HERE’S HOW YOU MAKE COLD BREW:
- Start by setting your grinder to its most coarse setting. It will bode well if you do a test grind beforehand to check the consistency. It should be as consistent as breadcrumbs. If you go too fine then you will get cloudy, grimy-tasting coffee and we definitely don’t want that.
- Get yourself a mason jar and proceed to sterilize it, alternatively, you can use any large receptacle with a lid but a mason jar looks nice. Working to roughly a 1:8 coffee-to-water ratio, place your grounds in the bottom of the jar and cover with cold water.
- Stir around gently with a spoon or a stirrer until well combined, then cover the jar or whatever thing you chose and leave it too steep for 18-24 hours, either in or out of the fridge, depends on your preference. This is the brewing process.
- When the brewing process is completed, strain the brew into a large bowl through a sieve to remove the larger grounds. In that way, you will have a nice fine liquid. Discard these larger grounds, and then, by using a few sheets of paper towels as a filter, pour into the cleaned sieve, strain back into the jar. We’re looking for a clean smooth liquid with as little grounds content as possible.
- Repeat the process a few times until you end up with a clean liquid and no murky content at the bottom when you finish pouring. If there still is, that means your grind was too fine. That’s fine, you’ll get better with practice. To save this batch, use a finer filter paper until you have no murky content left.
- Depending on what you and your guests like with your coffee, serve it over ice, with milk or add sugar. Instead of discarding the brew, cover and refrigerate the rest. This coffee has low acidity, which means this brew can be stored for up to a month if stored properly. So, you can make multiple batches with it. Enjoy your cold brew coffee and beat the heat.
With La Dalia Coffee, you can be sure that every brew will be the best. We are proud of our coffee origins. Since we grow our own coffee on own farms in Nicaragua. It is then imported to California where we make it available for you. We assure you that every brew with our coffee will be the best brew you will ever have. You will be satisfied, that is our guarantee. Don’t forget to try cold brew coffee!