Most of us do not require a reason to drink coffee. We can sip the drink, hot or cold throughout the year. However, while most of us have it because we love the rich aroma it gives while brewing, we forget the real health benefits of coffee. Yes, coffee drinking has proven health benefits that we shall discuss here.
Top Health Benefits of Coffee
- Lower Risk of Depression: Depression is universal, and only the ones going through it will be able to tell you how it feels. This said, as per Harvard research, 66% of women who drank four or more cups of coffee daily had a 20% lower risk of getting depression. It is a prominent figure and, indeed, a breakthrough.
- Healthier Liver: Those consuming coffee will also be protecting their liver. Coffee has proven results by lowering liver enzyme levels as per a study in the Hepatology Journal. It also meant coffee drinkers have a lower risk of falling for cirrhosis, fatty liver disease, hepatitis, and more diseases.
- Lower Risk of Type 2 Diabetes: Who would have thought that coffee intake could directly help to reduce the chance of getting Type 2 Diabetes? It means that if you drink 6 or more cups of coffee every day, you get 27% lower chances of getting diabetes. Decaf coffee by itself has the power to reduce the risk by 6% per cup. Scores of people globally have diabetes where their blood sugar levels surge up when the body fails to generate sufficient insulin. Since diabetes by itself can trigger many other ailments, scientific studies are happening to eradicate it.
- Give You Energy and Stamina: This is common knowledge that caffeine and other elements in coffee have the power to make you energetic. The antioxidants break down any fatty acids to make them into energy for the body. It also helps in improving physical fitness by 11-20% in the body, as per various studies in this field. Likewise, the caffeine enhances adrenaline levels in the blood to make the person active.
- For the Healthier Heart: Many people claim that consuming coffee might be bad for heart and blood pressure levels. However, if you drink coffee in moderate quantity, you can fight heart failure as per the studies in this regard. The people who drank coffee had 11% less chance of any heart failure.
With these and many other health benefits, you can drink coffee without any fear. After all, who can resist the fragrant aroma of a hot brew?